There is lot of curiosity about the AAC blocks..hence I am sharing the answer as it is :
Happy reading :
Answer by A Quora admin:
- The AAC blocks are different from the CLC blocks in many aspects including their basic raw materials, water absorption property, etc. Few of them have been shown in the table below.
- The AAC blocks have a lower environmental impact as:
- Porous structure allows for superior fire resistance.
- Improved thermal efficiency reduces the heating and cooling load in buildings.
- Resource efficiency
- Light weight saves cost & energy in transportation, labor expenses, and increases chances of survival during seismic activity.
3. Ingredients are : Quartz sand, calcined gypsum, lime,and/or cement, aluminium powder and water
4. Yes, it does reduce the RCC as well as steel sizes as its density is pretty lower as compared. Requirement of mortar for laying AAC blocks is reduced due to less number of joints. Similarly material required for rendering is also lower due to dimensional accuracy of AAC.
Thanks for the A2ASir!