Good Afternoon Readers ,
You shall find an interesting post here.
So far we have been dealing with the Rate analysis for the RCC , Concrete , Brick work and other such items from a construction site.Correct ?
You can refer to the following link:
Today ,we shall address a different item.
What is a complete Item Rate ?
Let us assume that you have been given the BOQ [ Bill of Quantities ]with several items which you need to execute at the site. Before execution , you need to submit the rates for the individual items .This is known as Complete Item rate.
In context of a Construction tender , a completed item rate is the rate at which you are going to offer to complete the work.
The completed item rate , therefore , has the following components :
- Material cost including the Base rate , Loading , unloading charges, Transportation , Storage etc. You shall also have to add the probable wastage that might take place during handling, storage , local conveyance and during the execution.
- Labour cost .This shall depend on the skills . degree of specialization needed to execute the work etc. In specific items , the tender might refer to proprietary items . [ What is a Proprietary item ? ] . In such case , it shall be required to get the quote from the qualified Applicators. Usually , there shall be approved agencies who are qualified by the Manufacturer for application of their products at site.
- To the subheads 1 & 2 , you shall have to add the following :
- Tools and Plants
- Contractor’s profit
- Such addition of 1, 2 & 3 shall give you what is known as the Complete item rate for that item.
In this context , now let us see one real life example .
Suppose you have been given a BOQ as follows and you are asked to do the rate analysis for the individual items .
Let us sample the first item for discussion here :
Now . what is the next step ?
In this case , the BOQ has specified the India Gypsum as the Approved Product / manufacturer.Therefore , it is necessary that you visit the web site as following link :
Henceforth , you need to take the following steps :
- Visit the Web page
- Contact if there are local dealers/ stockists of the specified product.
- Obtain a price list
- Find out if Approved Applicators are available
- Obtain a quote from the Applicators
- Arrive at the Complete item rate as explained in the first paragraph of this post.
- Repeat identical steps for each of the item in the BOQ.
It is suggested that the actual calculations for the rate Analysis are carried out in the MS Excel . This shall help you when doing some corrections in the tabulation or when you have do identical calculations for the next item.
In case you would like to learn the science of doing the Rate analysis in a methodical way , do contact me using this form here :